Effective date: October 1, 2021.
To the extent that we provide you with notice on the Site of different or additional privacy policies or practices (e.g., other notices at the point of collection such as a HIPAA notice of privacy practices), those additional privacy policies shall govern such data collection and use.
1. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
We collect the following types of information about you:
We may use this information to create your account and to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Services, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you legally required disclosures, email messages, telephone calls, and/or text messages. We may also send you Services-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification requests, transaction confirmations, offers and/or counteroffers, notifications of changes or updates to features of the Services, and technical and security notices).
For more information about your communication preferences, see “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” below.
Aggregate or Demographic Information: We may collect and analyze aggregate data assembled from Personal Information collected via the Services. Aggregate data is collected in order to better understand the demographics and usage patterns of all users of the Services, so that we can provide the highest level of service to our customers. Such aggregate data is not Personal Information and is not is not personally identifiable or linked to a specific user. However, if we link aggregate data with Personal Information such that it becomes identifiable, we will treat it as Personal Information.
Technical Information: Our servers may automatically collect certain technical information about your use of the Services, including, without limitation, your browser type, your operating system, Internet Protocol address, and bandwidth speed. We also may track your activity on our Site, including pages visited, buttons or links clicked, emails opened, etc. We generally use technical information for system administration, security and statistical analysis.
Mobile Device Data: Certain mobile devices contain unique identifiers that can be used, for example, to identify the physical location of such devices. When you access the Services through a mobile device, we may collect, use, transmit, process and maintain unique identifiers, caller ID data, location-based data, and similar information for various purposes, including to provide the Services you request and to improve your experience with the Services.
Tracking Technologies: We may use various methods and technologies to store or collect information about your uses of our Site when you visit or interact with the Site (“Tracking Technologies”). Tracking Technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your Device. A few of the Tracking Technologies include, without limitation, the following (and subsequent technology and methods later developed):
Cookies. A cookie is a data file placed on a Device when it is used to visit the Site. A Flash cookie (or locally shared object) is a data file placed on a Device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your Device. HTML5 cookies can be programmed through HTML5 local storage.
- Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in our Site’s pages and messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Site, to monitor how users navigate the Site, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Site and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- Browser Fingerprinting. Collection and analysis of information from your Device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts and other data, for purposes of identification.
- ETag, or Entity Tag. A feature of the cache in browsers. It is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL. If the resource content at that URL ever changes, a new and different ETag is assigned. Used in this manner ETags are a form of Device Identifier. ETag tracking may generate unique tracking values even where the consumer blocks HTTP, Flash, and/or HTML5 cookies.
- Recognition Technologies. Technologies, including application of statistical probability to data sets, which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (e.g., that a user of multiple devices in the same user).
- Tracking Technologies Usage. We may use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
- Targeting‑Related. We may use Tracking Technologies to deliver content relevant to your interests on our Site and third-party sites based on how you interact with our content. This includes using Tracking Technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the content that has been delivered to you.
2. SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your Personal Information in order to provide the Services, to deliver advertising content to you, and otherwise for our everyday business purposes, as described above.
Note, however, that we also may disclose your Personal Information to third parties in order to provide the Services and for other reasons. Such third parties may include affiliated or unaffiliated companies and other entities.
Subject to applicable law, the reasons that we may use and disclose your personal information include:
- To create de-identified, anonymized, aggregated or similar non-personally identifiable data, which we may use for any lawful business purpose;
- To engage in routine business uses that an ordinary and reasonable person should expect in the context of the Services that we provide, the reasons for which we collect Personal Information, and/or the ways that similar businesses ordinarily operate, including, for example, uses and disclosures:
- to service providers, information technology providers, consultants, mailing and other business process providers, vendors, and other third parties, such as the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), site technicians, auditors, lawyers, or other professional advisors which help us to operate and improve our business, including by providing analytic services;
- to third-party marketers who may reach out to you regarding additional products and services;
- for security, anti-fraud, authentication and verification purposes;
- to respond to questions or requests or to contact you for lawful purposes, including for surveys;
- to vendors and their service providers who reasonably need the Personal Information to perform their services for us, which may include helping us to analyze how the Services are used, diagnose service or technical problems, customize content or deliver personal communications, and/or protect the security or integrity of the Services;
- to respond to or participate in commercial disputes (e.g., lawsuits or investigations);
- to persons appearing to have a lawful interest in the Personal Information (e.g., to an insurance company processing an insurance claim involving you); or
- to comply with applicable law;
- In connection with a merger or other business combination or separation (including, but not limited to, a voluntary or involuntary change in our business or structure, or a reorganization, financing, change of control, sale of all or part of our stock or assets, spinoff, bankruptcy, dissolution, or any related to similar proceedings);
- To respond to legal process or to regulatory authorities (such as pursuant to a subpoena; warrant; investigative demand from law enforcement, regulators or others; national or international security letters; etc.)
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities (including fraud or stalking), security or technical issues;
- To protect against fraud, claims, or other liability or harm to you, us, or others;
- To exercise or perform a legal, ethical, contractual or other right or obligation, such as to enforce our Terms of Service or other agreements, or to investigate potential violations thereof; and
- For such lawful purposes as may be disclosed or evident at the time that you provide Personal Information to us (e.g., when you provide Personal Information in response to a survey, sign up for an event, register for a newsletter, or request a Service).
Co-Branded Areas: We may provide certain parts of our Site in association with third parties, such as promotional partners or affiliates. These “co-branded areas” will identify the third party. If you choose to use these co-branded areas, we may share your information with the identified third party, and that third party may also collect information from you, in addition to the information that we collect, as described above. You should review the privacy policies of those identified third parties to understand how they collect and use information.
Analytic Services and Targeted Ads: We use third-party analytics services, like Google Analytics, to collect, monitor and analyze data we collect through the Site to better understand how our Site is used and to improve its functionality. These services may track details about your online activities over time and across different websites. These services may also allow us and others to provide you with targeted advertisements or other content that you may be interested in based on your online activities.
The Google Analytics service tracks and reports Site traffic and provides us insight into behavior information relating to visitor age, gender and interests. Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting give us insight into behavior to help us understand browsing behavior and give you a better experience when you visit our Site. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings.
These third-party services have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information. We recommend you review their privacy policies. If you want to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you may wish to take advantage of Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.
If you would like to learn more about targeted ads that may be based on your online activities, and the choices that you may exercise for certain sites and advertisers, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance.
For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the section below called, “Your Choices Regarding Your Information.”
3. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Security: We use commercially reasonable and industry standard security technologies and safeguards to protect the information that we collect and use. We also expect our service providers to protect information in the same manner.
Please be advised, however, that no security measure, system, or control is infallible. WE ACCORDINGLY DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT INFORMATION ON THE SERVICES MAY NOT BE ACCESSED, DISCLOSED, ALTERED, OR DESTROYED AND DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, DUTIES OR CONDITIONS IN THAT REGARD. If any applicable law imposes on us a duty with respect to these matters that cannot be disclaimed, you acknowledge and agree that our commercially reasonable precautions shall be considered to satisfy that duty unless (and only unless) we have engaged in willful misconduct.
4. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Commercial and marketing communications: We may provide notifications to you that are required by law or that are for marketing or other business-related purposes. Subject to applicable law, we may provide such notifications to you via email, text message, hard copy, or through conspicuous posting on our Site or otherwise through the Services. We reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to you.
Promotional Emails: We may send you emails containing newsletters, promotions and special offers. If you do not want to receive such promotional email communications, you will be given the option to opt out. You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make reasonable efforts to promptly process all unsubscribe requests.
Service-Related Emails: We also may use your Personal Information to send you Services-related informational email communication. You may not opt out of such Services-related communications.
If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your personal information, you can contact us directly at info@BetterCareinsurance.com.
BetterCare complies with all federal and state Do Not Call restrictions. We respect and protect your rights and privacy. You may access a copy of our Do Not Call Policy here.
5. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
BetterCare does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as Users. The Services are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at info@BetterCareinsurance.com.
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
7. HOW TO CONTACT US
BetterCare Insurance Services LLC
P.O. Box 211074
Bedford, TX 76095